Makes 9 popovers
1 cup flour
1 cup milk at ROOM TEMPERATURE
½ tspn salt
2 tablespoons butter melted
3 eggs at ROOM TEMPERATURE
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
The ultimate quick bread! These are perfect for breakfast or dinner. 5 minutes prep and 30 minutes in the oven. We are in love with these beauties!
The imperative step is making sure that everything is at room temperature. I cannot stress this enough – make sure that the eggs and milk are at room temperature. When preheating your oven, give it an extra 15 minutes to preheat. This will ensure that you have the right temperature. Which in turn will allow the steam to build up resulting in that gorgeous rise.
- Preheat oven to 450
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Butter a 12-muffin tin.
- Filling 2/3rds of the way pour the batter into each tin.
- Put into the oven and bake with the door closed for 20 minutes. It is important that you do not check on the popovers by opening the oven door as this will make them collapse.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with jam, butter, or honey.