Makes 6 cups
12 oz. cranberries (can be previously frozen)
6 oz. cranberries (separated)
1 ¾ cup sugar
1 Golden Delicious apple – peeled, cored, and diced
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
We can’t stop eating this. Serve it with chicken or with crepes. This is not just for Thanksgiving. This is a Cranberry Sauce that we eat all throughout the year.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 12 oz. of the cranberries, sugar, and 1 cup of water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until you hear the cranberries start popping.
- Add apple, zest of lemon, orange, and the juice from both. Cook for another 15 minutes stirring constantly. At this point the water should have evaporated and you should see a preserve like consistency to the sauce.
- Add the remaining 6 oz. of cranberries and continue cooking until you hear the popping again or until the freshly added cranberries have softened.
- Let cool and serve. Store in the refrigerator.